The Guitar Services Workshop was developed to provide tools, learning materials, consulting services and hands-on training for;
Guitar Repair Technicians
We design and manufacture specialized tools specifically for guitar repair & restoration.
- Clamping Cauls
- Tenon Shapers
- Shim Blocks
- Fretboard Extension Supports
Our new line of tools will be available in 2017.
The Guitar Services Workshop (GSW) has training materials available in multiple formats. Published through the Guitar Services Workshop & Mel Bay, these materials cover everything from Guitar Care & Maintenance, Fretwork and Guitar Repair & Restoration.
- Electric Guitar Care, Maintenance & Restringing (DVD) Distributed by Mel Bay & GSW
- Electric Guitar Care & Setup (DVD) Distributed by Mel Bay & GSW
- Fretwork Essentials (Book) Published by GSW
- Guitar Care, Setup & Repair (Book) Published by Mel Bay
Our DVDs are available to Retailers and Distributors through Mel Bay & GSW.
GSW provides consulting services for Manufacturers, Distributors and Music Stores to assist them in developing an efficient and profitable guitar inspection & repair department.
- Guitar Inspection/Setup: Evaluating & adjusting new instruments before shipping.
- Guitar Repair Department for Manufacturers: Tools, training and developing a warranty repair dept.
- Guitar Repair Department for Music Stores: Developing a profitable service dept.
Our consulting services also include hands-on training, systems analysis and customer service training.
Hands-on Guitar Repair Training
Our training program provides hands-on training for guitar repair technicians and Luthiers to prepare them for a career as a a professional guitar repair technician.
Our workshops include the following training:
- Customer Service Training
- Neck Resets (bolt-on & dovetail)
- Carving String Nuts & Bridge Saddles
- Pickup Installation (electric & acoustic)
- Structural Repairs (body cracks, braces, bridge reglue, headstocks, etc.)
Learn more on our training page.